MelitaUnipol Insurance Brokers Limited (MUIB) collects, uses, records, stores, shares or otherwise processes personal information that you provide to us, or that we may otherwise obtain or generate, which relates to you.
The personal information that we collect about you may include:
– your name and surname;
– the name and surname of your representative;
– your identity card number;
– your address;
– your email address;
– your contact number/s;
– your occupation;
– Relevant medical information;
– whether you are a non-smoker or smoker;
– your date of birth;
– specific information depending on the risk insured;
– bank sanction letters;
– proof of identity;
– financial statements;
– property valuations;
– annual turnover;
– annual wageroll.
We gather and generate information about you when you provide it to us or interact with us directly. We may also receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources. We may combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided to us.
• communicate with you and provide you with information about our products and services, including direct marketing communications;
• answer your questions and request for services, and solicit your feedback;
• process payments as agreed with you;
• process claims;
• send important notices, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
• send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to help us deliver and improve our services;
• to monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services;
• to ensure we have up-to-date contact information for you;
• to confirm the fulfilment and non-fulfilment of financial obligations.
• To determine your eligibility or otherwise for the particular insurance coverage
• To create profiles for suitable enforcement of the insurance agreement
• Record phone communications for business purposes.
• Monitor by CCTV cameras for security purposes.
• compliance with demands or requests made by local and foreign regulators, governments, courts and law enforcement authorities, and complying with a court process, or in connection with any litigation;;
3. On what basis do we use your personal information?
We may be required to process your personal data in order to comply with specific legal obligations which we may be subject to as your insurance brokers.
4. Recipients and Sharing of your personal information
Your personal information will be received by MelitaUnipol Insurance Brokers Limited’s representatives and employees.
We may also share your personal information with any of the following:
• Other brokers overseas to seek terms from the international market.
• our professional advisors and auditors strictly as required for consultation purposes or for compliance with our legal obligations;
• regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities as and when this is required under applicable laws and regulations;
• courts, tribunals, arbitrators or other competent bodies who may have authority to request such personal information; and
• other third parties in connection with our selling, merging, buying, or reorganising all or any part of our business, or carrying out any similar change of our business
(including any potential or actual purchaser of that business or that purchaser’s advisors).
• Suppliers who provide storage services, which suppliers shall not have access to the personal information itself.
processing before the withdrawal of your consent. Where the processing of data is necessary to provide you with contracted services, withdrawal of consent would render MUIB unable to provide the contracted services, provided that MUIB may have the right to process your personal information if it has another lawful basis for doing so, as outlined in this policy.
• Ask MUIB about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us;
• To request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
• To request to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services; and
• To complain to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you object to our processing of your personal information, we will respect such requests in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection may mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above.MUIB may be required or entitled to retain and process your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights and legitimate interests.
In addition to those rights outlined above you also have an unconditional right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
MelitaUnipol Insurance Brokers Limited is the controller of your personal information. For data protection related matters kindly contact our data protection officer on email@example.com
Contact Information Should you have any questions, comments and requests regarding the processing of your data you may contact us through any of the following methods:
By phone: +356 22067700
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: The Data Protection Officer, MelitaUnipol Insurance Brokers Limited 15, 5th Floor, Market Street, Floriana FRN1081 Malta