Not sure what Health Insurance covers? Tired of waiting in line? Would you rather attend a private clinic or hospital to skip the queue? You may take out private health insurance that gives you fast access to private healthcare along with all the other benefits it covers, without the worry of how you’re going to pay for it.
The level of insurance cover you get will depend on the policy you take out. At MelitaUnipol Insurance Brokers we have three different plans of health insurance available for you:
Private Clinic Plan – cover includes:
- Overall maximum benefit per person per year
- Hospital charges for supporting hospitals
- surgeons’, anaesthetists’ and physicians’ charges
- allowance for a parent to stay in hospital with a child while the child is receiving eligible treatment in supported hospitals
- oncology related tests done locally
- psychiatry treatment
- inpatient benefits as listed above
- outpatient surgical procedures
- CT, MRI and PET scans following specialist recommendation
- GP charges
- outpatient psychiatry treatment
- nursing at home
Private Hospital Plan – cover includes:
- private clinic cover+
- specialist consultations, family doctor secondary treatment, diagnostic tests, physiotherapy, chiropractic treatment, acupuncture, homeopathy and osteopathy received in Malta
- initial treatment following accidental damage to natural teeth
- Prescribed drugs following a surgical procedure;
- Maternity Cash Benefit
- ambulance transport
- hospital benefit for treatment received at the state hospital
- funeral expenses;
- Second medical opinion
- Medical assistance via telephone
International Plan – cover includes:
- hospital benefits +
- emergency treatment outside area of cover
- international emergency medical assistance
Levels of cover under each plan include:
- Inpatient &/or Day Care Treatment only,
- Inpatient &/or Day Care &/or Outpatient Treatment
In-patient treatment &/or day-care includes treatment for patients admitted into hospital whilst Out-Patient Treatment involves patients attending for an appointment only. It is not possible to cover out-patient cover only.
Some policies offer the following additional extensions:
- Routine Treatment such as blood tests, eye tests, etc
- Dental Treatment
NOTE: The minimum requirement for ETC /VISA purposes is Hospital In-Patient &/or Day-care cover only.
Get your Health Insurance quote today!
Are you aware of our Life Insurance Covers? Make sure your loved ones are financially protected if the unexpected happens.